Monday, June 16, 2014

Hym and Hur Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

I have now read this story entitled Hym and Hur by Phillip Frey.  While it does consist of many chapters, I would have to say it would still be considered a short story.  While it is completely different from his book Dangerous Times, it is well written and shows just how far the imagination of this writer can take you.  From crime thriller to angels and love, what a leap, but wonderful done..

I won't do a synopsis of the book as I would generally, because I think it is a story that is well worth reading. This story is about life and death but in a much different way.  Angels, lighthearted angels; Hym and Hur and the angel of death, Death.  A deal is made to allow a person to prevent people from dying by just a touch, but it gets out of hand and has to be cancelled.

This is a touching short story of a couple of angels who obviously love each other and bring happiness to the world and about a human couple who are having issues, but who find a way to work them out through the events that are created in this story. An starving artist and a nurse.  The artist through the events in this book and the love of his nurse, manages to create a work that brings them together and allows them to succeed which is what angels of light are really all about, assisting the humans of this world in their daily living.

While I enjoyed this short story, I would have preferred the author take this idea a bit further in his creativity and enlarge on the idea in a book.  I think the world could benefit from knowing about angels and demons in a purely fictional manner.  This story could be a great stepping off point for such a book.

Phillip Frey has a wonderful imagination and uses it wisely in his writing.  I would recommend this book to anyone looking for a good read, including teens.  It would not be appropriate for young children.

I hope that you will take a look at this story, you can find it on Smashwords.  Enjoy the read.

Be blessed

Mimi

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you so if you have a question or comment, please feel free to post it here.