Friday, June 20, 2014

Free History Resources

I have been taking a few days off and now I am getting into the swing of gathering books and resources for our upcoming year.  Since we do school year round, this does not generally give me a lot of time to get this done so I have been on a whirlwind tour of all my favorite haunts and Amazon is one of the best I have found, especially if you are looking for inexpensive and/or free.

I have been working on History today.  History of the United States.  I have already accumulated scores of items on Ancient Greece, Ancient Rome and Ancient Egypt just for starters.  But I had nearly nothing at my fingertips for the History of the United States and I wanted more than just the dull and boring information that can be garnered nearly everywhere.  What I found on Amazon was a huge selection of ebooks that covered everything.  I also needed fun reading to go into this as well.

I have ebooks on David Crockett, the memoirs of Woodrow Wilson, notes and writings from Thomas Jefferson and many many more.  I have gathered some of what I found into a widget shown below.

Some of these are for younger children and others are for a more mature young person in reading style and content. I have found nothing inappropriate in any of these books thus far, but if you should in your review of these, please let me know and I will remove it from my list.  I have not personally read all of these books, yet, but I will and if I find that some are not appropriate, I will remove them.

Thanks for taking a look and I hope that you find something that will enhance the studies of your own children. There are quite a few here so be sure to scan through all 5 pages of the widget.


I am an affiliate of Amazon receive some compensation for your purchase of these products.  Purchasing through this link does not cost you more, it simply provides compensation for the advertisement done for Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you so if you have a question or comment, please feel free to post it here.