Thursday, August 1, 2013

Changing Blog Name

We have struggled to make this decision, however we want to let everyone know that we are changing the name of our blog from the current "MimisThisnThat" to our new name "StepsInFaith"

We have been searching for a name for our homeschool for awhile.  We are not required to have a name but we thought that it would be a good thing to do and especially for later on when it may need to be on documentation for higher education or other types of activities that 'little man' may want to do. So after many trials within our home, we decided on "Steps In Faith"  We asked 'little man' his opinion of several things and when we decided on this name, we asked him about it and he was all smiles and excitedly, say "Yes, that's the one, because it means we believe in God."  So Steps In Faith" it is.

This name was chosen mainly because homeschooling was and is a true step in faith for us.  When we began back in late November 2012, we had no clue what we were doing, how to do it or if we were doing it right.  Well let me tell you, we did not know what we were doing and we were not doing it right, but it is a walk for us, and we learn as we go and change as we go along.  Some days are really really good and others are not.  No days are as bad as they used to be in the beginning.  There are not as many angry outbursts or downright refusals because we have learned to do things a bit differently and yes we still do some typical "school' but mostly, NOT.

I will not be changing my facebook page, it will continue under the name Mimisthisnthat mainly because, well I am Mimi and it is a page of this 'n that from all sorts of people and all sorts of information.  I would love it if you would 'like' my page and hope you find some useful information there, also please feel free to post there as well anything that you would like for others to see.  I believe you can continue to find me as Pam Andrews on Goggle+.

We know that our steps are ordered by God and we strive to always seek His direction.  Our faith is not always as strong as it should be, but we realize that we are a work in progress, so we became

STEPS IN FAITH HOMESCHOOL.

I hope that you will continue to follow my blog as I try to follow where God leads me and hopefully my blogging will get better and better over time.  I am more firm in my belief now than ever before that homeschooling is the steps that God has ordered for us and more importantly for me and my grandson and I hope that our journey will help someone else out there who may be struggling with their walk or their steps as well.

Thank you for stopping by and please feel free to leave a comment on anything you would like to see in my blog for the upcoming school year.  I try to post great ideas and if you would like to be a guest blogger, by all means email me and let's talk.

May God Bless You All.
Mimi

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you so if you have a question or comment, please feel free to post it here.