Monday, May 27, 2013

Moving Right Along Singing A Song

What do you do when you are faced with the drudgery's of the everyday things at your home?  What are your least favorite household chores?  Mine is EVERYTHING.  Right, I know.  But really, who enjoys, vacuuming, mopping, dusting, cleaning toilets?  So what do you do to make it more fun?

I got this idea to post what I do from another blogger that I follow regularly and so should you, she is awesome.  Her blog is MomstheWord and she calls herself the 'lazy mom' (she is not really).

Well, I do several things, NO not all at once, then the cleaning would not get done.  I love to listen to Patsy Cline music.  It seems to be my mopping music. While I say mopping, I actually don't mop anymore.  For many years my idea of cleaning my floors was on my hands and knees with a soap bucket and a scrub brush, like my mother did and her mother before her.  It is truly the best way to get floors in tip top cleaning shape.  However, I have discovered the luxury of a steamer.  So I put on a Patsy Cline CD or tap into some of the music of hers on the computer and while I am doing that my steamer is heating up.  Then I get to dancing.  Yep, I said dancing, why not?  You dance around your house all day long in one way or another, so why not to a little music while pushing the steamer around and then I am done before I know it, take the cover off, throw it in the wash with a little bleach and voila, finished. 

Now for some reason, I typically like to use some Alan Jackson Gospel music to do my vacuuming.  Yep I am a country music fan, but also a conservative Christian music fan.  So I eventually do the dusting to some Casting Crown music. My dusting however is done by dancing, this one I do by singing.  You know the duster is my microphone; come on you have danced and sang with the hairbrush in front of the mirror before, right?  Well it is the same thing, just this time there is no mirror unless there is one to clean and you just dance and sing around the house and in no time flat the house is clean and you are blessed by all the music and exercise you got dancing around. 

Try it and see if you don't feel better, both about having a cleaner house and having just danced and sang for a good portion of your day.  

OK, post a comment and let me know how it works for you.  I could always use some encouragement too.

Be blessed

Colossians 3:23-24 NIV
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward.  It is the Lord Christ you are serving.


You can also find MomstheWord here MomsTheWord
Be Blessed
Mimi

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you so if you have a question or comment, please feel free to post it here.